Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 3 Chehalis to Puyallup

At the start of Day 3:
Yesterday was an easy day only 47 miles but with some hills.  At least that's what they told me since I could not get on a bike.  We had a great dinner catered by Outback Steakhouse served in the old renovated railroad station in Centralia.  Outback has catered one lunch, two dinners and we are going to the actual restaurant tonight in Puyallup.  In addition, there is a whole team of Outback employees on the ride.  Outback Steakhouse  has a connection with the Freidrich's Ataxia Research Alliance because one of the top executives has family that is afflicted. However, Outback is a company that prides itself in community involvement and I have a new respect for their organization.  Plus, the food has been fabulous, especially when you realized they brought it from another location and prepared it in a civic building along the way.


Today the ride (which I missed as well) was 60 miles with a killer hill.  Chris Prater and his son-in-law John Lockwood were in the first group in.  John is an avid biker so I am not surprised there, but Chris just started cycling in preparation for this event.  And he had a partial knee replacement last summer.  So congratulations Chris. You amaze me.
Leslie, Kaiden and Kelsie arrived yesterday afternoon to join all the fun. Kaiden has been following Bob everywhere helping with the luggage transport and bike washing and storage.  

Finishing Day 3:


Finally, since it is my own blog, I can post whatever I want, so here is a truly awful picture of me.  Just wanted to show you what I did to myself. I am starting to think maybe I should have not bought the entry level helmet on sale.  Maybe price means quality in his case. Not to worry, I feel pretty good this afternoon and I am hoping to ride the last mile or so tomorrow to the finish line.  


No comments:

Post a Comment