Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tour de Ed



Yeah!  Today is completed not only my longest ride at 20 miles, but also my first group ride.  Ignore the date on the poster, today was the second annual Tour de Ed fundraiser.  It supports medical care for injured cyclists in the Chico area.  Since the Praters are losing all their training momentum while lying on the beach in Mexico, I decided to do this without them.  Bob got me set up and ran in Bidwell Park while I was gone.
We rode from Downtown Chico down to Durham through the almond orchards.  I started at least 2/3 of the way back from the front but most of that last third passed me  in the first 5 or 6 miles.  Apparently 12 mph isn't good enough for these people!  So I picked up the pace and cut m snack break short so I could regain some ground.  Maybe I am slightly competitive.




No comments:

Post a Comment