Monday, March 16, 2009

Portland



First off, I want to thank my coach/bike mechanic DJ Lauf for all the help he has give me in these last few weeks. Not only did he take me on the Sacramento River Trail in Redding twice, but he installed all my new accessories on my bike, aired up my tires, cleaned the road grime and adjusted everything, I fell so much safer. Thanks again DJ!

We left Red Bluff in the rain, drove in the rain and arrived in more rain Monday night. Seven hours to Portland where we met up with old friends and new riders. There are riders from as far away as Connecticut, Alaska and South Carolina. Most have kids or close friends with Freidrichs Ataxia. There are at least four or five young adults with FA who will be riding trikes. If they can do this, then I certainly can. The group is at the $150,000 mark for fundraising which far surpasses the goal of $100.000. This money will fund research for this genetic debilitating disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment